Voting

Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Bos" is truly "THE BOSS"



Ok, so I have to write a quick note about Boston. He seriously is so funny, I almost can't stand it! He is definitely a leader, not a follower, and we can all honestly say we picked the right name for him...... "Bos" since he is totally the "BOSS" of our house!! I mean look at the picture..... he even has to take over at the wheel!! Anyway, a couple of quick examples:

When we went to "Meet the teacher" for his preschool class in Sept. we went with Jason & Melinda (Brian's brother and his wife) and they took their son Cole because he, too, was in Ms. Cathy's preschool class. We all walked in and Boston walks right up to Ms. Cathy and says "Hi, my name is Boston and this is my cousin Cole"... as he kinda shoves Cole into Ms. Cathy's legs. Cole is pretty shy so he immediately turned around and headed for his mom. Heaven forbid Cole ever try to introduce himself! GEEZ!! Don't worry Cole, Bos has you covered!

Then today, we had a cute little friend from his preschool come over for a play date. He is also in our ward and they are in the same primary class. The boys were playing in the play room while watching "Kung Fu Panda". I overheard Boston say to his friend "SHHHH!! I'm trying to watch the show..... Helloooooo!!" The little friend was quiet for a minute or two, then started shooting his pretend gun making some more noise. You guessed it, Boston about lost it! "Hey! I told you, SHHH! I am sick and tired of it!" What the ??????? Now I know what you are all thinking, Jeni must talk to her kids that way and that's how Boston has learned it! No, no, and NO! =)

A couple of mornings ago, as I was trying to get Grif off to school, Bos was being typical Boston and running all over and being crazy. I called him over when it was time for our morning scriptures and prayer. He, of course, fought me on it, came and sat down for a minute then jumped up and started chasing Maggie (our dog) around the house while screaming 3 octaves higher than a little boy should scream! I was REALLY trying to be patient and ignore the behavior, (and those of you who know me know that is truly a big challenge for me!!) so I began reading a little louder over the chaos. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer and I said "Boston, come over here." Nothing......."Bos, right now!" I said, a little louder...... silence....... then, he appeared from around the corner with that look of mischief in his eye. I said "Come over here and sit on my lap" and he did. I tried to explain to him that it makes Heavenly Father really happy when we try and read our scriptures every morning and have family prayer. I told him it was hard for Griffin and I to read when he was being loud and running around. He seemed to understand and sat down again ...... for another 30 seconds that is.......then off he went again! At my wits' end, I found a good stopping point and said "Ok, Bos, it's time for prayer, come on over." He came racing around the fireplace and said "I want to say it!" Grif looked at me like "Mom, I swear, if you let him say it after he has been totally out of control, I will scream!" I said "No, it is Griffin's turn to say it today". Oh no... Meltdown Mode!! The kid seriously has a split personality!! I know this is a really big "No-No" when it comes to parenting, but at this point, I was loosing my mind! So, yes, I caved in and said "Ok, fine, you can say it! Just kneel down and hurry it up!!" Wow, now doesn't that just set the spiritual tone for a nice family prayer!! Lordy! So, off he goes..... "Heavenly Father....... please don't put a black X by my name........... in the name of Jesus Christ, amen". What, where did that come from?? We've always taught him to ask Heavenly Father to help him and I guess that pretty much summed it up! Maybe he IS listening to things I tell him afterall! Holy Cow, I seriously almost busted out laughing right there in the prayer. I always flash Grif a look during Boston's prayers like "don't laugh, Grif!" He definitely got that look on this particular morning!

It's a good thing Boston was my third child....... if he would've been first, I'm afraid he might've been an only child! My Grandpa Griffin once told me "You know what BOS spelled backwards is, don't you... S-O-B?!!" Yikes! "Bos-man", "Bostonian", "Bossy-Boo" or whatever else we choose to call him, just remember, he truly is THE "Boss" and living up to his name!

Our lives would not be the same without him! He is the "icing on the cake" and completes our family just perfectly! We love you Boss-man!

13 comments:

Petersen Kids said...

I can't believe how hard I am rolling over that. Maybe because it sounds a little familiar. He is so cute Jeni, little "Bos" brings tears to my eyes. I loved the stories. So cute! Especially what Gramps said!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Oh my gosh! We are rolling! He is a little shink, but soooo freakin' cute! We miss you guys. Thanks for sharing even the "Should-I-share-this?" moments. Love you! Jo & Mo

The Buhrley Bunch said...

We LOVE Boston! I'm laughing right now. So do you put big black X's by his name regularly? I'm going to add that to MY prayer tonight (you know how they can get redundant at times; I need to spice them up a little bit). Thank Boston for the idea.

Allen Family said...

I mean seriously, can it really hurt to ask for no X's? I think not! I know I'd rather not get any by my name. He's so cute. And yes, he's totally the boss. We can't wait to see you guys. loves, Jes

Mist said...

That is so funny!!! You descibe it so well!! I can't wait to meet this kid! Can he come to Moab sometime! I like to be the BOSS to ask my fam. I think that bos and I would be BFF's

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon -
And next on the agenda will be a lesson on prayer - by Bos!!! Hey, they say to pray from your heart - and that was totally at the top of his heart!! He is so funny - and such the BOS!! I am really quite proud of your patient moments!!! Loves --

Fishers said...

Can he be any funnier? I love just listening to what he has to say. He is so entertaining and so stinkin' cute, how could you ever get mad at him? Loved the story. Can't wait to see you guys soon. :)

griffin gossip said...

Thanks for the fun laugh this morning. I love that!!! Hey I am going private wanted to invite you send me your email to kgriff2536@yahoo.com if you want to continue looking at our family.... karen

Justi said...

So funny, Jen. I love the stories about Bos, he is so hillarious!

The Barton's said...

Well Well Well you farter. Boss is such a stain but gotta love him for it. I mean-what other kid likes the "kissy monster"? He pretends to hate it but COME ON...Deep down he LOVES it. I love that kid. He really is so pure-it is hill-air. And yes...thought I better get back into the blogging world. I was slacking for a while...And look how many other people commented before me. Dang it. Ohhh...We won't be doin' that again!


X X
X X
X
X X
X X

There you have it a "BIG FAT X." Just for you! Loves

The Barton's said...

What the H...It didn't publish it right. And the time I spent. The dang thing. I won't have it.

It won't work. So ticked. What a waste. Just pretend it looks like an X

Sharp Clan said...

Those stories are so funny, the third boy, I swear is totally in control. At least Creek is, but in his case if he is not the boss, he'll just beat the crap out of ya!! I have to laugh at the picture of Brian wearing a seat belt while Boston is totally driving, unrestrained! C-ya, Brydi