Voting

Friday, November 20, 2009



Great News!

After much anticipation, my parents FINALLY got their mission call! They have been called to serve in the Boston Mass. Welfare Volunteer/Employment Resource Center mission. They report to the MTC in Provo on Feb. 1 and will serve for 18 months. They are stoked, to say the least! They toured Boston a few years ago and absolutely loved it! My Dad is a big history buff and of course, Boston is FULL of great history. My Mom, well..... she is just glad to stay in the U.S! She was already having nightmares of living in a tent, eating bugs and getting sick! So Mom, rest easy.... you're going to be fine and YES.... you CAN be the "Senior Companion"!! I mean, Dad says that's the way it's been for 41+ years so why change things now?!

I know my parents are going to be amazing missionaries and they will touch the lives of many. We will miss them dearly but we know they are prepared and doing the right thing. They are humbled and excited to serve this mission for our church. It is a great sacrifice for them but I know they will be blessed for their service.

WE LOVE YOU MOM & DAD!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Great post, Jen! We are all so excited. Mom is so hyper about it. It's so strange that now that they have their call, she is a totally different person about the whole mission. She is out of control. She not only gets to go somewhere that she doesn't have to stay in a shack and eat bugs, she can even still get her nails and hair done!!! Life is good!

Allen Family said...

It was fun being on the 3-way with you, Jen. Boy, that was one of those times that New Mex seemed really far away! I would've loved to see their faces that night. When I heard Boston, it felt like just the right place for them. Soooo, time for the 5 j's to plan another girl trip? Boston anyone? ;) Love you, jes

Staci Wilson said...

Wow! Big news Jen! Tell them congrats!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support -- I am way nervous to fulfill that assignment. I am terrified to leave my fam. Promise me you'll all come soon and stay for a really long time. Oh .. and yes.. I think I shall be the Sr. Companion. It seems like a good idea!!!! Thanks for sharing those sweet comments. Loves --