Voting

Monday, January 18, 2010

Athletic Director's Hall of Fame!!




Last month, my Dad was presented a really prestigious award. He was inducted into the National Athletic Director's Hall of Fame! My mom, Jodi, Jill, Jessi and I all went down to watch his induction of the inaugural A.D. Hall of Fame class. The banquet and presentation took place at the Gaylord Texan in Dallas. It was an incredible new hotel that is absolutely amazing! We had so much fun getting together- We definitely missed the youngest sister in the fam.... Justi was home because she was due to have her baby on the same day that my dad was getting his award! We told her to wait until we got home but she never listens to any of us and she had that baby the same night! The night of the banquet, we all had our cell phones out texting back and forth with Kent, Justi's husband, about how they were doing and sure enough- sweet Baby Rees made her entrance into the world literally minutes within my dad's induction! I guess BOTH of them wanted the spotlight at the
time!! ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! Don't fight over it.... we'll give you BOTH the spotlight!! How 'bout those Utes??!!


We had a great time in Dallas~ we went to the incredible ice sculpture display "ICE- How the Grinch stole Christmas".... it was SOOOO awesome!


The ice sculptures were so cool and they even had an ice slide you could slide down! WAY FUN!!!!!












WOW.... Mom REALLY liked the slide!!!












We went on a tour of the new Dallas Cowboys' Stadium~ it was so great!


We got to go in the pressbox, down on the floor and helloooooooo..... even the locker room!!!!












Just when we thought we'd seen it all, we were ushered into the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader's dressing room!!! Wow.... aren't we so lucky??!! It was pretty hilarious.... each cheerleader has a HUGE picture of herself over her mirror~ I guess in case they forget who they are???!! Whatever!!

Whoa.... hold on there "Excell-ettes".... cheerleading tryouts are over!!! (OK, so we totally couldn't help it.... we had to do a pyramid in the Cheerleader's Locker Room!!! Go us!!)

Dad's special night came and he looked so spiffy in his new suit! We were all so proud of him! What an honor!


















While I was in Dallas, I got to visit with my good friend, Julie Allen. She moved from Castle Rock to Dallas a few years ago and it was so fun to see her and catch up a little! Sure love you, Jule!


My dad's sister, Barbara, and her husband, Don drove down for the big night, too. It was so fun to have them with us!




Congratulations, Dad on such a prestigious award. We were all so glad we were there to help you celebrate! We love you!

3 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

What a COOL event you got to participate in!!! Yay for your dad. I'm looking at the pictures and can't help but think that the Excells had an awesome time. I'm just laughing. Is there ever downtime when you're all together? My favorite picture HAS TO BE the pyramid. Too funny. I have one question though: why do you guys all look BETTER with age? No fair!!!!!

Allen Family said...

Hey Jen--loved it! Loved the trip! What a blast. Fun pix-good mems. I miss you, jen. I hope we get to see you guys soon? I don't know when, but I'm ready to get something together. I wish it were not Winter so that I dared to drive up! I hate that stupid Ratton Pass in the snow!!! love you!
Jes

Evan Excell said...

I'm still here and still shedding tears. I am on Dad's computer and don't know how to sign in under my name -- but this is me talkin'. That was really a great write-up about Dad's induction and I was so proud to have you all there. It was a blast and we did miss Little J. You forgot to mention while on our tour and after visiting the Dallas Cheerleader room -- remember your running down the long hall and doing your round off and cartwheel and ending up in a perfect splits pose!!!!! Just as you finished, 2 guys walked out of a door and gave you a huge round of applause!! I thought we would all die laughing. You guys are the best and I just can't figure out where all of your shyness and that backwardness comes from!!! Loves - Mom