Once again, the boys and I drove over to Utah for basketball camp on the beautiful campus of BYU. Paden has been there for 5 straight years and this year, Griffin FINALLY got to go- He's been looking forward to this for many year! Each of the boys invited a friend to go with them. We went to registration and got them all settled into their dorm rooms. They had lunch and worked out that afternoon. While they were at camp, Boston and I drove up to Jodi's to spend time with my sisters and their families. On Tuesday morning, I got a call from Grif who said "Mom, I'm in the emergency room and Utah Valley Hospital". I thought he'd rolled his ankle or jammed a finger or something- but after asking him what happened, he said he sat down on a folding chair and it collapsed! He pinched his finger in the chair, splitting it open and requiring 6 stitches. After an x-ray, we also found out he broke the bone in his middle finger. SERIOUSLY??? I felt sooo bad for him! When he called to tell me about it, the first thing he said was "Well, it's NOT my shooting hand, Mom!" Unfortunately, he was OUT for the remainder of the week! He made an excellent scorekeeper and asst. coach but felt bad about missing out on all the game time!
Paden and his friend Brendan had another great year- they think the food at the Cannon Center is about the best food around! They ate well, worked hard and had a good time! I drove down to pick them up on Thurs. Then, after spending the night at my parents' house, we drove Griffin's friend Brett to the airport on Friday and headed up to North Ogden.
Brian played in a golf tournament with a good friend from high school. So the boys and I spent a couple of quick days with our friends, The Fisher's. We always have such a great time with them! They have 3 girls and we have 3 boys but strangely enough, they all get along really well! Marnae SPOILS my boys and I love going shopping and doing "girl things" with her darling girls! We did a lot of fun things in the two days we were there. Movies, Boondock's, dinners, video games, and the list goes on!
Brian and Mike ended up taking 2nd place at their golf tournament. They always have a good time playing together and do well most of the time!
After a great weekend with the Fisher's, we went back out to Jodi's and stayed with her. We had a big BBQ with Jill and Jodi and their families. It was so fun to catch up with them and watch the kids play. All the cousins are so cute and my boys love hanging out with them.
We had a great time in Jill's awesome backyard~ we went to the pool and the kids loved being together.
3 comments:
Omigosh...we has SO much fun with you guys! Wish we lived closer! Have fun with your mom and dad in a couple weeks, I can't believe they will be home. ! :)
Sounds like an awesome time...only thing missing was us and we'll plan to be there next year, OK? See you very shortly...like less than two weeks! Can't wait!
Loves,
Dad (Elder Excell)
Ok.... where to begin? Holy Moly, you fit it ALL in on this trip! It looks like you had so much fun and were kept very, very BUSY!! I love all the great pictures. Your kids keep growing, yet you and Bri (and your sisters and the Fishers) stay the SAME AGE. Whatever!!! Everyone looks terrific. I'm glad you had such a great time :)
Post a Comment