Voting

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Deer Hunting in South Fork, Colorado

Here is a slide show of some other fun pictures.  The leaves were changing and it was beautiful!  What a great time!





It's that time of year where the testosterone in my house goes crazy!!  My four "boys" look forward to this time each year!  Brian drew out on an Elk tag, four point or better, so off we went to the cabin in search of our elk!

Boston, imagine this, can't get enough camouflage!  Add this to the fact that he changes his clothes at least 5 times a day.... URGH!!   But I guess some clothes are better than NONE, which is what happens frequently too! 



It's hard to believe Paden could've actually hunted this year!!!  YIKES!   He didn't get his hunter's safety course taken so maybe he and I will do that for next year.  He still enjoyed the hunt though, especially with 4 - wheelers!












Grif also enjoyed the hunt.  Opening morning, they all saw a big herd of cows and at the back were two bulls.  It wasn't quite daylight and they were too far away to see if they were big enough to shoot.  They tracked them for a while but lost them in some trees.  Later that day, Brian asked "Wasn't that cool to see all those elk?"  Grif replied, "No!  You didn't even shoot one!"  I guess they haven't learned that hunting is, to me, all about the treats stuffed into your pockets and the beautiful scenery.  Actually shooting and tagging the elk is an added bonus!! =)





3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds fun! I miss the good old days of hunting with our pockets so full of treats that we could barely walk, Dad sending the 2 of us down a hillside to scare out the deer, the deer motels, "It's red in the east!", sleeping in the trailer in the crow's nest and waking up because it got too hot from the bacon cooking in the trailer and Uncle Greg's "tiny" voice, playing "Ay! Ay! Cap'n!! in the back of the truck, carving our names in the quakies! Wow! I could go on and on! Thanks for taking me back!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

THAT was so cute. What a gorgeous seasaon to be at the cabin! Your boys are so cute and they're all so lucky to have you.

The Cook Crew said...

I love your blog! I just logged onto mine for the first time since I created it over a month ago! Sad!! I need to figure out how to do all of the fun stuff! Sounds like you guys are kicking butt in volleyball! I hear a 4's team is starting in March on Monday! I think by then I will be able to join! You guys will have a ton of practice by then! Maybe you should just keep Kiki, if Katie can handle it... :)