Voting

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!




I can't believe it is all over......... 2009 is here! Christmas was awesome for us this year. We stayed home and had Christmas with just our little family this year. It was really nice! We spent Christmas Eve with our good friends, the Schmidt's, and had a great time enjoying their family tradition of Mexican dinner on Christmas Eve! My kids loved it!

We also had a great time making Christmas cookies for our friends and neighbors. It about destroyed my kitchen, but it was worth it! Wow, I kinda forget how messy frosting sugar cookies can be!


Santa brought the boys a ping pong table for Christmas. That was a hit! They also got ski clothes from Grandpa and Grandma Rhees, shoes and clothes from Mom and Dad and I-tunes cards from Grandpa and Grandma Excell (one of their favorite gifts this year!) Boston got a camera that takes real pictures, a bow and arrow, a cowboy gun, tinkertoys and lots of other fun things.



After Christmas, we headed down to the cabin to meet Brian's family for a little R & R! We played games, went sledding, tubed behind the 4-wheelers and went skiing! The boys were excited to use their new ski clothes and had a great time on the slopes. They are really becoming good skiiers! Boston took a private lesson and is getting quite comfortable on the hill. He even started turning on his own! He had a great time with his "Wolf Pup Instructor" Nick. Go Bos!


We enjoyed hangin' out with our cousins, McKenzy, Dillon, Bodi, Reagan, Cole and Easton. We went sledding down a huge hill behind the cabin and had some pretty sweet wipeouts AND stick-landings!! Here is a slide show of some of the cabin highlights!





8 comments:

Staci Wilson said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I loved the pic of Brian's wipe-out. Pretty good for an old man!

Fishers said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I'm glad you had a great holiday. Love the slide show. Makes me wish we had a fun cabin to go too. (maybe someday) :)

Mist said...

I LOVED your Christmas card. Thank You sooo much for thinking of me and sending me one! I was seriously so excited! It was so cute! I had such good intentions of getting on out to you but got caught up in the rush.(I know I am a self addmitted SLIME!) You are top of my list for next year! You made my day seriously! Thanks so much and I am glad that you had a good Christmas and New Year! I loved all of the pitures!

twice as nice said...

Happy New Year. You are just the cutest family ever! I hope you have a great year!
Kristen

griffin gossip said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of ya!!!! Well, one thing for sure is that when you marry into the Griffin fam you have to know your ping pong. Brooke had tournament over the vacation and yes I was the LOSER!!! Got to get me one of those tables so I can maybe come in second to last. UMM Yea, I think I pretty much will be last.. Cute pics!! Karen

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I'm so HAPPY you guys had a terrific holiday season! Your pictures are GREAT. My favorite one is Boston on skis. Seriously, he cracks me up. He's up for anything! You all look great. Miss you guys!

Justi said...

Merry Christmas Rhees Fam! We totally missed having you guys home for Christmas but it looks like you had a great time. I am dying that Bos is taking skiing lessons. I mean, does he even way 10 pounds or what?! I have GOT to see him on the slopes in order to believe it. Sure miss you guys.

jilly said...

How fun!! Can't wait to see you guys. The cabin looks like so much fun. Loved the pix. Go Bri!