Voting

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun in South Fork w/the Hopkins'!




We were so excited to meet my sister Jill and her darling family down in South Fork at the cabin for the weekend. It was a long drive for them but we are so glad they made the effort to come stay with us. Even though it rained a couple of times, it didn't last too long and it didn't stop us from enjoying the beautiful outdoors!

On Friday, all of us headed up to the beautiful "Shaw Lake" for a day of fishing. With 8 kids though, that was a pretty crazy adventure! Matt and Brian couldn't keep the hooks baited fast enough. When they weren't doing that, they were trying to untangle lines, help reel in fish and trying to keep the little ones from jumping in the lake! Both were so patient and it made the day so fun for the kids. While the older kids fished, the little ones found themselves a "swimmin' hole" and proceeded to have a little fun. Jake decided he didn't want to keep his clothes on and Broc thought it would be ok if he peed in it! Seriously, it was so funny! Jill and I look over and there he is, just a goin' in the lake! That is the great thing about boys.... potty breaks are sure a lot easier! Especially up in the mountains!



We had so much fun just hangin' out together. Our kids all got along so well! We roasted marshmallows, went on nature walks, put the boys' hair in mohawks (among other crazy things), played games and ate too much. You know, typical things you do on vacation with family!




Saturday, we took a long ride to "Pool Table". This is a mountain just outside of South Fork with an incredible view! There is this cliff that just hangs over this drop-off and every time we go there, I get a stomach ache worrying about the kids getting too close! EWWW! It freaks me out! But the view is amazing so it is fun to drive the 4 wheelers to the top and see some beautiful country in Southern Colorado. The bikes always "rock" the little ones to sleep.... don't ask me how! They are so loud and the road is bumpy but it never fails that at least one of our kids falls asleep! There is nothing better than getting dirty, seeing some great scenery and, of course, eating all the "travel treats" along the way! Good times!





Thanks Jill & Matt for a wonderful weekend~ come back anytime! We love you guys!

7 comments:

Fishers said...

How fun! You look like you guys had a blast! I bet you money I will never see any of my girls goin' "potty" in the lake. I was busting!!! So funny. Love all the pics...tell Jill her kids are darling. AND...you already know I love all your boys!! (arranged marriges, right?) :D

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Geez Louise. You guys really know how to have fun and pack in as much action as you can!! The pictures are great. You can really tell how much fun it was. But mylanta Jeni, quite letting your boys grow!

The Buhrley Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

So fun! I wish we could've been there! Pade's braces are so cute! I miss you guys! Loves!

Staci Wilson said...

Looks like a blast! Go Jill for driving that far with that manyt kids - BRAVE! All the kids are darling.

Justi said...

Looks like so much fun. I know Jill and fam had a total blast. Loved the pics!

griffin gossip said...

How fun for Jill and her family to come up with your guys. LOVE SISTERS!!! I love the pic of the boys with the nerdy shorts up to their chests!! That is so Griffin!!! Karen