Are you kidding me that Paden is 15??!! I am freaking out right now! He is such a great kid and we couldn't be more proud of him. Even though there are MANY reasons we love Paden, here are our "TOP 10":
1. He's a GREAT example to his younger brothers- I always said he is the reason I had two more kids... because he was such an easy, good-natured baby and those traits are still there today!
2. He keeps us laughing, constantly! I swear, whenever I WANT or NEED to be mad at him, he'll look at me and pull a goofy face or make a dorky comment and all of the sudden, I forget why I'm mad! URGH! It makes me crazy but at the same time, I love it!
3. He is a loyal friend and sets a good example for them. Paden has a great group of friends- and I've noticed how he is a leader amongst them. That makes me so happy!
4. Paden is the biggest "show-off"! (He is EXACTLY like his dad... ;) He's almost always happy and acting crazy! I wonder where he gets that from??!!
5. He is dedicated to his religion and honors his priesthood. He gets up 5 days a week at 5:30 am to attend seminary and is the 1st counselor in the Teacher's Quorum at church. Whenever they need him to help out with fast offerings or passing the sacrament, he is willing and able.
6. Paden is an AWESOME student. His first semester of high school, he got all A's and one B. He works and studies hard.
7. He is a good athlete- he has played high school golf and is currently on the freshmen basketball team. He practices 6 days a week and plays games twice a week. He is one of the smaller kids on the team so he works extra hard but he's growing so hopefully next year he'll be a bit bigger!
8. He's never too old to hang with Grif and Bos! A lot of kids hit their teenage years and decide they are too old to play with their younger siblings. Paden ALWAYS lets Grif hang with him and his friends and he is GREAT at entertaining Bos while I am teaching piano or running errands. Boston's friends think he is "so cool" because he jumps on the tramp and plays in the backyard with them!
9. Paden is very responsible. I have always felt great about leaving him with the younger boys and know he can handle whatever happens.
10. He loves his mama and treats her wonderfully! Paden is affectionate and will come up and give me a huge hug for no reason. I don't know how long that will last and I hope he will NEVER grow out of it! I don't know many Moms who can say that about their teenage sons, but I can and I love it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PADEN... We love you and are so glad you are part of our family!
3 comments:
That is the sweetest post, Jeni! Oh my heavens, he IS SUCH A GREAT KID! I'm so glad Zach got to know him when we lived there. Paden was definitely a blessing to our family too. He's great in part because you and Brian are great parents :)
Umm, I really agree with Gretchen! You and Bri are awesome and have done such a great job with Pade. He really does crack me up too. I'm glad he and Griff are both around to give Parker a good example to look up to! Pade, you're a stud! We love your guts
Jes and Fam
Such a good boy and great example for all the other grandkids. Love the fact that the oldest grandchild took on that responsibility and made it HIS priority to set the way. You know my fav quote: "What you are thunders so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say!" -Emerson (The Bostonian)
Love you Pade!
Gramps
Post a Comment