Voting

Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow storms, Valentine's boxes & basketball tourneys!



I don't know about you but after Christmas, I am ready to be DONE with the snow!!! We got a couple of good storms in January- the boys had fun playing in the snow and NOT so much fun helping shovel driveways!! Even Maggie got all bundled up and joined in the fun!





Brian, however, thinks it is AWESOME that the boys are old enough to "start helping out around here"!!! They do pitch in a lot and have shoveled not only our sidewalks and driveway, but many of our neighbor's driveways as well. Paden has made the comment about how "we'd never make it without a snowblower"! I think my Dad would beg to differ! I remember plenty of snow storms in North Ogden and we NEVER had a snow blower!! Ahh, the good ole' days, right Dad??





Oh no... not Valentine's Day boxes, AGAIN!! URGH!! I seriously HATE when the boys have to come up with something to put their valentines in! Everything about Valentine's Day is "pink, love & lace doilies"!! Pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of my boys' personalities! It makes it tough to make a box that is somewhat "masculine"! This year, I was so proud of Grif... he came up with this idea for a rocket all by himself and it turned out great! Way to go Grif!! Now THAT is masculine!!




Grif played in a 3 on 3 basketball tourney last month- they did GREAT! They would've taken the whole thing but someone complained that they were a "stacked team" and too good for this tourney! So, we settled for the "consolation bracket"!
I made these basketball cakepops for the team- they were edible.... even the black marker used for their numbers was "edible ink"!





After his basketball league ended, we had a celebratory dinner for another great season of Dolphin Basketball!




Brian was the asst. coach this year and Grif really enjoyed having him help out! Coach Curt and Coach Brian did a great job with these boys- We got beat out in the semi-finals so we were 10-1 overall....Pretty dang good record!

3 comments:

Staci Wilson said...

I am totally laughing at your Valentine story because I totally relate! I am very impressed with Griff's idea. Ty grabbed a shoebox as he was walking out the door and Dalt thought that was a great idea so he did too....undecorated and all!

I love the basketball pops. Can you do a post on how to make those? Very cute!

Allen Family said...

Ooo, I have girls and I'm still not looking forward to V-boxes! Just another big proj! :/ Umm, yah, poor Dad and the shoveling. I remember our little kid-sized red shovels, that only made it fun for about the first 30 seconds. I remember watching Dad out our big front window. I wonder if my "watching" was the kind of support he really appreciated! :) I kinda think not! Loves, Jes

Evan Excell said...

Great post Jen. Three things dear to my heart: BB, Snow-shoveling and VDay. Well, one of them anyway...two not! Do love the BB. Way to go boys...great seasons and did you have fun? That is still the most important thing! As to the snow shoveling in NO...wow, that was a task sometimes. Snow blowers were way too expensive for a coach's salary, so just buy everyone in the fam a shovel...big ones, little ones etc. That lasted about one minute, then it seemed everyone was throwing snow on each other, then it got cold and all but one of us went back in the house to get warm. Thanks for the thoughts though. Sure was nice, however when Leonard came around the corner with his big blower going through the neighborhood. Finally got a blower after all of you girls were gone. As to VDay...still not too fussy about all that red, pink, lace and frilly blubber!

Love, Dad