So last month, Jessi and I were soooo excited because our cousin, Brooke, invited us to play in a volleyball tournament in Moab. Brooke was bringing her 3 sisters and asked if Jessi and I would like to meet them in Moab. We were so excited and rushed around making arrangements for our kids, begged our husbands for "permish" and packed our knee pads and shoes for a fun-filled weekend! The day before we were going to leave, we were told the tournament had been canceled due to accommodation problems and lack of interest. Helllooooo!!! Were WE the only ones interested in playing volleyball in beautiful Moab???! We must've been because the tourney had been canceled. Jessi called me up and we fussed over the phone about how bad we wanted to "get away" and how we were both looking so forward to the trip. Jessi's husband is doing his residency in Orthopedic Surgery in Albuquerque. He is rarely home, works his tail off and when he isn't working, he is studying. She doesn't get the opportunity to get a weekend away and she really needed one! Personally, I was worried about her sanity and the safety of her children (ha ha!) So, being the nice sis that I am, I told her I'd "take one for the team" and we'd go away for the weekend ANYWAY!!! (Like she really had to twist my arm THAT hard!)
So we packed up and met in Santa Fe, NM. If this picture above doesn't express our true feelings, I don't know what does!!!
It was a great weekend! We saw two great chick-flicks, sat up talking through the "wee hours" of the morning, and were able to rejuvenate and relax.
See... Jessi even got a little meditation in while we were there!!
Ya, I know..... when ANY of my sisters and I get together, strange things happen!!
Oh well.... we may be strange but I know there were some SERIOUS calories burned with all the belly-laughs we had together! Thanks for the rendezvous, Jess! It wasn't Volleyball in Moab, but who cares??? We had a BLAST anyway! Love ya, sista!
2 comments:
Oh Sista! That was such a blast. I'm still picking Thin Mints out of my teeth. You are so much fun. I loved these pix and remembering the good times in Santa Fe. Again? Anytime, girl! love yer guts, jes
I don't know about that little trip! Santa Fe will never be the same!
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment