In February, Grif came home from school with a letter from his principal.... I know... kinda freaked me out! But then I remembered that Griffin is such a great kid that there couldn't be anything in that letter but GOOD news! I was right! He had been selected by the principal and his teacher as one of the area's "Rising Stars". He was invited to a Denver Pioneers basketball game where he would be presented his certificate at halftime. His best friend, Brett, was also selected so it made for a really fun evening!
Grif and Brett have been friends for a LONG time and we absolutely LOVE him and his family. They play on all the same sports teams, are in school together and are both attending BYU's basketball camp this summer. We are so proud of both of these boys for being good examples at school, on the playing field and at home.
Way to go boys! Keep up the good work!
3 comments:
That is so AWESOME! Good for Grif. You have such wonderful boys Jeni :)
Congrats Griff! He looks so grown up in these pix. Wow. He's getting so tall. What cutie!
loves, Jes
That's what I'm taking about! Yes, I love the sports, etc...just like Grif, whichever one I'm playing at the time; but, I'm really proud of what goes into such an award as this. At the UHSAA, there was the one award of which we were the most proud...Academic All-State. Grif, you're headed in the right direction. Keep good friends, work hard at the academics, be a great example, work on the jump shot, the "in the numbers" tackle, stepping into the pitch, etc., and above all have fun!
Great post Jen!
Love you,
Dad and Gramps
Post a Comment